Following China’s reopening after the covid pandemic, Business Sweden is once again attending Asia’s number one food and beverage trade show – SIAL Shanghai – under the Try Swedish brand.
With a population of more than 1.4 billion, the Chinese food and beverage market is vast. In recent years, China has announced several programs with the aim of preventing disease and promoting health since President Xi first presented “Healthy China 2030” back in 2016. Initiatives to reduce intake of sugar, salt and oil in order for the population to maintain a healthy weight have since been underlined in the last five-year plan as well as in the 2022 dietary guidelines. The Chinese naturally healthy food and beverage market is now projected to grow 5% p.a. 2021-2026 to more than 169 mUSD,
As an annual event, this trade show presents an unparalleled platform for Swedish food and beverage companies to get exposure to, and insights into, the opportunities that exist in Chinese market through valuable connections with Chinese buyers, distributors, and other key stakeholders.
Contact & registration
Johan Thurée, Project Manager Beijing.
Please provide signed registration form no later than March 24th, 2023. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. The choice of location in the pavilion will be allocated based on the order of registration.
What is in it for participating companies:
- A subsidized opportunity to experience Asia’s biggest Food and Beverage trade show with more than 150,000 professionals and 4,500 exhibitors visiting from around the world
- Gain presence at a world-leading event and make valuable connections with Chinese buyers, distributors, and other key stakeholders
- Be a part of the Swedish National Pavilion and leverage joint activities together with other Swedish food and beverage brands in the “European Exhibition Hall”
- Exposure on Chinese social media and other promotional activities as part of Try Swedish promotional activities
- Support from experienced local Business Sweden staff in coordinating with fair representatives, as well as facilitation regarding logistics, business, as well as other practical matters during the exhibition
- Additional activities possible for additional fee based on company interest (e.g. tailor-made company booth in the Swedish National Pavilion, B2B matchmaking, store visits)
- March 24: Registration deadline for company participation
- April 10: Last day to send products to China (Before then need to get Health certificate and Country of Origin if shipping from Sweden, requiring application beginning of April)
- May 18-20: SIAL Shanghai 2023