Try Swedish is the official concept and trademark owned by Business Sweden, The Swedish Trade and Invest Council, to promote Swedish food and beverages globally.
Sweden as a food nation has worked several decades to establish a reliable reputation for our safe and exceedingly tasty products. We have strict and high standards regarding animal welfare and use of antibiotics, as well as ambitious goals regarding food waste and energy use.
The Try Swedish programme’s overall aim is to contribute to an increase of Swedish food export and the programme plays a significant role in the Swedish government’s National Food Strategy, a cross-party agreement to dedicate resources to support the Swedish food industry.
Vision for 2030 is that Sweden by then has an innovative, profitable and highly competitive global food industry.
The story behind Try Swedish!
Sweden is continuously ranked as a one of the world’s most innovative countries and is ranked as a top country to do business with and is a leading country for sustainable development goals.
The Try Swedish programme consists of a number of promotional activities aiming at supporting Swedish food and beverage producers to grow their international business.
The activities within the Try Swedish export programme consists of
- A global analysis across 12 food and beverage export segments to pin point in which markets each segment has most potential to grow. The analysis concluded that there are 14 markets around the world where there is an extra high potential for Swedish products.
- Market insights from prioritized markets
- Activities such as arranging Swedish pavilions at international trade fairs, engaging in retail cooperation both on- and -off line, arranging matchmaking sessions. Seminars and individual sales support are other activities within this programme.
- Allocated resources in Sweden to support SME within the food industry to further develop their individual export strategies. Available resources for subsidized consultancy support and activities in chosen markets for SME.
- A specific promotional effort to strengthen the Swedish exports of organic food and beverage products.
- Designated food people at Business Sweden in focus markets; Japan, South Korea, Singapore & SEA, USA and Canada
Other priority markets for the Try Swedish export programme are;
• UK, Benelux and Germany and the Nordics
• Hong Kong and China
The Try Swedish marketing concept aims to support the positioning of Swedish food and beverage through inspiring and informative articles and short films. These are gathered on the site http://www.tryswedish.com/
On this site you can find articles addressing current trends within the food and beverage industry connected to our Swedish food culture and industry. We share upcoming events and brief product introductions to facilitate for international stakeholders to get in touch with our Swedish food and beverage companies.